At SCE, we provide our customers with a variety of convenient ways to manage their bills. Choose from the commonly asked billing and payment questions below for more information.
- I want to pay my bill in person. Where is the nearest Authorized Payment Agency (APA)?
- What billing and payment options are available?
- What can I do if I can't make a payment on time?
- How can I request a duplicate copy of my bill?
- What if I dispute my bill?
- How much time do I have to make my payment?
- How can I obtain the balance on my account?
- Where do I find my account number?
- Where can I learn more about understanding my bill?
1. I want to pay my bill in person. Where is the nearest Authorized Payment Agency (APA)?
Authorized Payment Agencies (APAs) are conveniently located throughout the SCE service territory. To find an APA near your home or place of work, use our APA Locator.
2. What billing and payment options are available?
SCE offers many different billing and payment options.
- Online Billing and Payment allows you to make payments over the Internet, as well as receive bills online. You have two options for receiving and paying bills online
- To receive and pay your SCE bills on sce.com, register at My Account. You can then enroll to receive your bill online (online billing) and/or to pay your bills online (online payment). If you are already a My Account registered user, please login and click on Paperless Billing in the left navigation. These are secure and free services. For more information, visit our Paperless Billing FAQs and Online Payment FAQs.
- You can also access your SCE bill through a bill payment service provider such as a bank, Internet service portal, or an online brokerage service. Bill payment service providers offer the "one-stop shop" convenience of one Web site to view and/or pay all your bills, including your SCE bill.
If you're interested in enrolling with a payment service provider, start by viewing a complete list of customer service providers. Note: The charges for these services vary based on the provider you select.
- Pay-by-Mail is the method of mailing a check or money order (never cash) in the envelope provided.
- Direct Payment automatically deducts your payment from your checking account every month. Direct payment is a free service.
- QuickCheck is a payment option that allows you to pay your bill over the phone using your checking account information.
- Pay in Person allows you to pay your bill at an Authorized Payment Agency (APA).
- Pay Electronically with EDI is convenient for businesses with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) capability.
3. What can I do if I can't make a payment on time?
If you are having difficulty paying your electric bill on time, please make arrangements with SCE before the payment is due. Not all customers are eligible for payment arrangements and extensions.
To make a payment arrangement or extension, log on to My Account and click on the "payment arrangement" link found below your customer account information.
Visit our Economic Assistance landing page for more information.
Note: Delinquent payments are not reported to credit bureaus while you are an active customer. Unpaid balances on inactive or closed accounts are reported to credit bureaus and you can contact us if you have any questions.
4. How can I request a duplicate copy of my bill?
You can request a duplicate bill using our online request form. If you are currently registered in My Account and enrolled in online billing, you can log in to My Account, click the "View Bill" button, and then click on the "Print" icon. Note: If you register today you can view and print your bill after your next statement is generated.
5. What if I dispute my bill?
Higher than normal bills can occur at any time throughout the year. SCE's High Bill Helper can help you understand your bill and find ways to save. If you still think your bill is incorrect, call us at (800) 655-4555 and speak with a customer service representative. You can also learn more about disputing a charge on the back of your bill.
6. How much time do I have to make my payment?
Your bill is due 19 days after the date the bill was prepared.
7. How can I obtain the balance on my account?
For account balance information, call SCE's automated response number at 1-800-950-2356 or you can login/sign up for My Account to view your account balance.
8. Where do I find my account number?
You will find your customer account number in the upper right corner of your SCE statement. This identifies your account number in SCE's records. Please use this number when requesting information about your account.
9. Where can I learn more about understanding my bill?
For more information about your SCE bill, visit our Understanding Your Bill section.